Thursday, April 11, 2013

Infographs


Students conduct a homework assignment. The came back with notes or sketches of their observations. Designers introduced students to infographs. Info Graphs is an illustration or design that helps depict information through art.

Students presented their work and critiqued each other. The class took a vote of the ones they thought was more appealing. The designers took home the sketch books and finalized the students infographs.

This is a student's sketch that inspired me to do my infograph.
Jonathan M

This is the outcome. I used the characters and modified them. The platform that the characters are standing on is supposed to look similar to a a bar graph. Students were exited when they saw their work in final form. I left the image white and black so the students could color it. Students got to critique the Designers final. I got a lot of great feedback. The students loved the illustration, but it didn't have a lot of information. They suggested I had a banner that said "The Faster Cleaner Race" which I thought was a great idea.
This activity at the end became quite successful and got the students very excited and active.

No comments:

Post a Comment